Sunday, March 14, 2010

TMSI’s first St. John guided walk

I decided to help out with Tropical Marine Science Institue’s (TMSI) first guided walk at Saint John’s Island yesterday, coordinated by Jun. More information can be found here.

It seems like the longest time since I last guided (about three to four months), and I have to do some last minute ploughing through the notes prepared by Jun. Luckily my participants were an enthusiast bunch of students from Queensway Secondary School, and I have to spend most of my time answering their questions instead of me initiating them.

Unfortunately, I did not take much photographs for the trip as I did not want to dirty my reasonably new camera. Here are some snapshots of the participants:

Three girls from R’s group.

My group peeping at the Onch Slugs at the pipeline.


All of them were jubilant taking the big Singapore Island Cruise boat back mainland rather than the noisy, rocky orange boat which we took when going to the island.

Another fun trip!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...